Useful Suggestions To Building Quality Backlinks
Google places a lot of focus on acquiring high quality backlinks. When it comes to search engine traffic Google receives more visitors daily then all the other search engines put together, so let’s target building quality backlinks that will impress Google.
For starters just what is a quality backlink? A top quality backlink is a link that points to your web site from another related web site of equivalent or higher value in the sight of Google. No one totally comprehends Google’s algorithms, but they use page rank as one measurment.
PageRank is a number value Google uses to put a value on a website page. The higher the PR the more valuable it is.
If your website home page is a PR3 you would want to obtain backlinks from webpages of a PR3 or higher. Whenever your link appears on one of these webpages it actually increases the value of your own page rank.
The same thing holds true for all of your pages on your site. It’s possible for you to have an interior page ranking higher than your home page.
Alright, so what are a few tricks to obtaining quality backlinks?
1. Be natural. Don’t buy a lot of backlinks at once. This increases suspicion in the eyes of Google and can actually harm your website.
Any link you get should appear in a natural way. For example if you are going to do marketing with articles using Submit Your Article, generate unique variations of the articles and spread out the submissions to article directories so not all of the articles hit online simultaneously.
2. Write for high traffic blogs. Rather than try and obtain a link, post an article in total on somebody else’s blog. Many bloggers will let you include two links in the body of your blog article.
This provides you an opportunity to not just link to your homepage, but to another page on your site. Be sure and employ specific keyword phrases that match up with the title, and description of the page you are linking to.
3. Blog comments. Blog commenting is another way to build quality backlinks. However the enticement here is to make a “drive by” comment. That is a comment on a persons blog that adds nothing to the blog post and is only for the purpose of trying to get a backlink. You need to read through the blog post and make an informative comment to make this do the job.
Make sure you are posting helpful comments and not just generic ones. Also make sure you insert a key phrase into the named field instead of your name. Fluctuate the URL so you aren’t linking only to your home page which will help create diversity and give you more quality backlinks.
4. Get placed in directories. DMOZ and Yahoo are two directories you want to be placed in.
This is a top quality backlink and an excellent source of potential web site traffic. It might take some time for your listing to appear, but getting listed in directories online is an excellent backlink to have.
5. Discussion forums. Search engines really like discussion forums due to the traffic to them and the fresh content that’s added every day.
Spending a small amount of time posting in a discussion forum can result in superb long-term back links. This is also an excellent quality backlink to obtain because of the traffic it can bring to your website.
Research how to create your signature file so that it gives you good backlinks as well as high quality traffic too. In the long run it is possible to build hundreds or thousands of backlinks in discussion forums.
No matter if your website is marketing one of the numerous work at home opportunities, an affiliate program, or something that you are trying to work at home with and make money, building quality backlinks is vital. These are just a small portion of tricks to doing it. Other good backlink sources such as social networking sites, social directories, press releases, affiliate programs, and so on, are good long-term backlinking strategies also.